This chronic inflammatory disease of the colon and the rectal lining is set in the background of any of the following events or tendencies:
- Immune disorders — initiating an autoimmune reaction.
- Intestinal parasites — two bacteria have been linked being Campylobacter intestanalis and Escherichia coli. The screening test for gut microbes is called a CDSA.
- General imbalance of the intestinal flora — especially if antibiotics have been used frequently.
- Food sensitivities — leading to inflammation and damage. Wheat and milk are the most frequent offenders. I recommend screening be the IgG blood test to identify your specific triggers.
- Elevated Homocysteine levels.
- A diet high in simple sugars.
- Times of high stress may exacerbate your condition.